Packing Tall Table Lamps
Your major problem in packing a tall table lamp may be acquiring a carton large enough to accommodate the lamp. If you can't find such a carton you can purchase this from our moving supplies.
- Remove the lamp shade and bulb. Wrap cord around base of lamp.
- Line the bottom of your carton with a considerable amount of wadded-up packing paper. This will insure extra cushioning and protection for the lamp.
- Spread out several sheets of packing paper so that your packing paper is extended longer and wider than the lamp. Place lamp in the center of your packing paper.
- Roll packing paper around your lamp. Tuck in the end of the paper at the base of lamp. Use sealing tape, if necessary, to prevent end from coming apart.
- Seal the seams where packing paper overlaps around your bundle with your tape.
- Fold up other end (at top of lamp) of packing paper and seal with tape. Place bundle in previously lined carton.
If you have several tall table lamps, place them each in the carton so that the base of one lamp is next to the top of the next lamp. Alternate them. This will make them fit better in the carton.
When all lamps are packed in the carton, fill out the carton with plenty of wadded-up packing paper. Be generous. Mark "FRAGILE" and "LAMPS" in large, clear letters on all sides of the carton.
Lamp shades where possible should be nested so that you can get two or three in a box. Use CLEAN packing paper (do not use newspaper) as protective linings between each shade.
In order to more fully utilize some of the lost space in a lamp shade carton, place something soft, such as hats, small pillows, small blankets or bath towels, inside the shades. You should NOT pack wadded-up paper, in this instance around the shades as it might crush the shades.
Be sure and mark on all aides of the carton in large, bold letters "FRAGILE", "LAMP SHADES" with your magic marker. .
Want to make your packing and moving stress free?
Trust the packing and transport of your items to the professionals. Rolly's Transfer & Self Storage is a true full-service company. We will pack/crate, transport and store your items. We do it all, so that you don't have to!